FMO has two main income sources – membership subscriptions and surpluses from its trade show, Optrafair – and as a not-for-profits body it ploughs any surpluses back into the sector, supporting a wide range of activities that benefit the sector as a whole and the people who work within it.
We are now part of a wide and complex sector and our membership of the Optical Confederation ensures that we can harness the synergy that accrues through true partnership working.
Our members are companies rather than individuals, and include:
- Manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of optical lenses
- Manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of spectacle frames
- Manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of optical equipment
- Manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of contact lenses
- Suppliers of optical consumables and accessories
- Service providers for the optical industry
- Consultants for the optical industry
Our Goals for the next three years are:
To communicate effectively with our members and provide the means for our members to communicate effectively with us and with each other on matters of mutual interest
To promote our members’ products and services to optical practitioners and support staff by all means at our disposal
To increase membership from all parts of the optical industry
To work with other optical organisations for the benefit of our members
To make Optrafair the ‘go to’ optical event in the UK